In connection to the Swachh Bharat Mission, Carmel Convent Sr, Sec, School, B.H.E.L., Bhopal organized a series of programmes to create awareness among students and society at large, about the importance of cleanliness. The management, staff and students took active participation in different programmes and gave their best to make the Mission a success.
The programmes on list are:-
1) 1 Sept 2017 – The School organized Swachhta Shapath on the very first day of the Pakhwada, where in all the students, teachers, non-teaching staff amd management actively participated. All vowed to keep their surroundings and society clean.
2) 9 Sept. 2017 – A poster Designing and slogan writing Competition was organized for the students of classes VI-X on ‘ Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’.
3) 11 Sept 2017 – An awareness programme was organized for the ladies of Anna Nagar slum, Bhopal, sanitizing them on cleanliness, health and hygiene. Students through their speech and skit tried to make people aware of the ways to overcome the problem of waste disposal and defecating in open. Addressing the gathering, Sr. Anupa, the Principal of the School said–
“ Cleanliness is next to Godliness”. We should put our little effort to keep our surrounding clean and fulfill our dream of clean India. The school is providing dustbins to every household in the slum.
4) 12 Sept. 2017 – A T- shirt Painting Competition was organized to sensitize students on the ill-effects of improper garbage disposal. The students from all the classes participated actively and expressed their concern towards their environment through their paintings.
5) 4 Sept 2017 – The school organized a Painting competition and ‘ Swachh Bharat Abhiyan ‘ for the parents. Parents enthusiastically took part in the competition. Principal Sr. Anupa appreciated the efforts made by the parents to contribute their bit for the success of the programme.
6) Carmel Ex- students Association also organized a workshop on cleanliness in the school auditorium. Mrs. Viva Josi, one of core members of CESA enlightened the students about the importance of cleanliness and hygiene.
7) 7 Sept – 15 Sept 2017
Every day in the morning assembly children delivered speeches and sang songs on ‘Swachchta ‘encouraging the future citizens to keep their country clean. They spoke about the steps taken by different state government to keep their state clean.